Friday, August 21, 2009

Kittens!

This morning at work we discovered kittens out in the back parking lot. Apparently the mother got scared away with everyone moving equipment around. She had left them in a pretty safe place in a cage that had some old car seats piled on top of the tray where they were laying. We decided it was best to just leave them alone since they were so young, and hope she would move them when things quieted down some. After about 5 or 6 hours we went back to check, and they were still there. We were afraid they were gonna get dehydrated. I was also afraid she might move them to the dumpster or up in the engines of vehicles... It sounds weird, but both of these things have actually happened, and it has been tragic! So we took them, and are now bottle feeding (well, my friend's daughter is!) all 7 of them every 2 hours.
They are so cute when they nurse on the bottle! I hope we made the right decision to take them. I think I might be keeping one of the orange males. Tahoe might like a pet of his own!

6 comments:

Dorothy said...

Tahoe could be their mommy.

Carrie said...

You don't think Kolbe will be his mommy huh?

Jerome said...

They're so tiny. Are their eyes open yet?

Dorothy said...

Kolbe will eat them

Dorothy said...

So when you get to bring yours home?

Carrie said...

Probably not for at least another 3 weeks. Mine is one of the smallest 2. They are still sooo tiny! We have to wait for the teeth, and their digestive systems to develop more. They are adorable though. I'll take more pictures later today! Sorry I missed your call last night! I was at dog park with Tahoe. It was crazy... there were like 25 dogs in there! I'll call you later