Monday, September 14, 2009

Bertrand Russell

I rented a movie last night called "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed". I had actually forgotton what it was about, but I knew I had wanted to see it for sometime. It is a documentary about how schools and universities across the nation are no longer teaching Intellligent Design as an alternative to Darwanism. Ben Stein (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) uncovers plots of teachers and scientists being dismissed and shunned outrightly by their colleagues if they merely mention that Intelligent Design might be a possiblity, along with being fired or denied tenure. This movie was really refreshing and informative compared to most of the crap out there! But the punchline came at the end of the movie for me... and I was pleased once again that I could find it on Youtube! I love Youtube! I know this was way more than a coincidence that I rented this movie on this night! As I said in my post yesterday evening, I had found that video on David Wilcox a couple of weeks ago... I was really curious as to what philosopher David was referring to... I even googled it but found nothing... Like I said yesterday, the mystery was solved with my Peter Kreeft CD! Here is the final 6 minutes of the movie last night:



What are the chances? I have never even heard of Bertrand Russell in my life! Jerome was watching this with me, and as soon as I heard his name mentioned, I told him I had just did a blog post about this guy right before he came over! This was the climax of the whole movie! The whole context of all this was way too coincidental to be accidental. I have been feeling a lack of encouragement lately and have been praying for more inspiration... even yesterday morning. The beginning of the Peter Kreeft talk was about seeking God with all your heart (Deuteronomy 4:29 ) and those that do this and find are reasonable AND happy. Last night before I went to bed, I REALLY felt God talking to me in a profound way saying... "See! You seek, you find, and I make you happy!"

1 comment:

commutant said...

Ben Stein owned Richard Dawkins in that interview. Dawkins was like a cornered, stammering rat. The hypocrisy of the supposed "free thinking" scientific community is astounding. Free to think only of Darwinism and nothin else...