Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Feast Day of St Francis of Assisi...

Is this coming Sunday... Don't forget to give your pets extra hugs and kisses and thank God for making them so special for us to enjoy!
I decided to hang my bird feeder that my grandparents sent me for Christmas a few years back. I have been admiring it on my kitchen counter for all this time and thought this would be the perfect occasion to finally place it outside where it belongs... with all the birds! Well, hopefully all the beautiful ones will come to my yard to feast!
In honor of the Patron Saint of animals, here is the Saint Francis Prayer:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.

1 comment:

Doug Henning said...

Carrie - Thanks for the good poem. I appreciate a friend that reminds me of religion, so thank you. And yes, I gave Seymour kisses today...