Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Story of the Trapp Family Singers

On book 7 of my reading venture I discovered a book I want to describe as "delightful!" I have heard this word in reviews of books before, but I am not sure, up until now, if I would have ever used that word to describe a book no matter how much I enjoyed it. I most certainly would have said a book is really wonderful, informative, inspiring, or even "spellbinding- on the edge of your seat thriller type of material," but I don't think I have ever experienced true delight in what I was reading as I did when I read this one!
Last year- in a previous blog post- I mentioned reading "Yesterday, Today, and Forever" by Maria Von Trapp. While I did enjoy that one as well, this one brought you into the family more by telling the details of their story. You really feel like you almost know them- even if you know you really don't know them and can never really "know" them- (primarily because they are dead mostly) this book makes you wish you knew them! Maria Von Trapp is so hilarious that I almost spilled my coffee several times because I was laughing so hard!
Before you read this book you think it is quite a simple story of a talented Austrian family coming to America and making it big in the 1940's, but it is so much more. If you want to read about a genuine exceptional family, who truly seemed to have lived lives well lived, then buy this book now ...Or borrow it from me! This book will also make you want to go out and find any new immigrant to help and welcome to America! It also might make you want to plan a vacation in Vermont to such a place as this...
http://www.trappfamily.com/

No comments: