Friday, April 3, 2009

Vacation

I mostly vacationed at Lowe's and Home Depot last week, but I did manage to get out and do a couple of things! Me and my parents went up to Idyllwild last Sat. We had a fun day enjoying the most perfect mountain weather! It was warm enough for a t-shirt, but there were still patches of snow! We went hiking on the Ernie Maxwell Trail after havin' some pizza. Here is my dad... showing you the trailhead! My mom hates when he points...




Oh yeah... We brought the puppy! He was suppossed to be in this picture, but he wasn't cooperating with the camera. I think he's getting tired of havin' his picture taken, so I cropped him...


...But I got this one of my parents hiking with their granddog!

Here I am in the trees on this gorgeous day! I was telling my dad that sometimes I have to take 20 pictures of Tahoe in order to get 1 good one. Pet photography is REALLY hard! Here is my 21st picture of my snow puppy... He got to wear his patriotic bandana that I bought for him at The Walk With The Animals. He is such the cutie dog!




Me and Jerome also went on a bike adventure to the San Bernardino Asistencia. It was used as a ranch outpost to the Mission San Gabriel in the early 1800's... Kind of like a sister mission, I guess. Anyway, we rode our bikes here from Fairmount Park. There is a new stretch of bikepath that runs from the park to Waterman in San Bernardino. We then huffed it up a couple of pretty big hills to get here... Well, at least I huffed it! Jerome rides bikes regularly. I've been slackin'! We figured it was over 30 miles roundtrip. It was a quiet and peaceful mission. We were the only ones there on a Tues. afternoon.




Well, we were the only ones, except for this cat. We were in one of the buildings looking at stuff, and he came right in with us. He was very sweet. It didn't take us long to figure out why there was a mission kitty...

Mission gopher! Jerome took this picture. I was too scared to get this close! He had very large teeth!


After we got back, we went on a short hike... I'm thinkin' my last of the season 'cause I saw a giant rattlesnake the other afternoon! Jerome took this awesome shot of us with the mountains in the background... I like this picture! Poor baby dog always gets sleepy eyes when the sun shines on him!


1 comment:

commutant said...

The Ernie Maxwell is such a great trail. We need to go ride mountain bikes on it sometime. Nice pics and write-ups! That gopher sure was an angry litte bugger, wasn't he? That was a fun day. The Hi-Five to Sir Paul McCartney was hilarious. I'm glad you liked that pic of you and Tahoe in the park. The light and subjects couldn't have been better.